Thursday, March 26, 2009

OLMC 4th Grade PRE Kids Raise Funds for Haiti


This article was submitted by Laura Moehling:

"I went to Gary Solomon's 4th grade PRE class yesterday. They received $15 from the social justice committee at their retreat to be used for seed money for a social justice project of their choice. The students purchased Papa Johns pizza coupons and sold them door to door and to family.

As you see from the photo, they presented me with an oversized check (that they also created) made out to the Haiti Committee in the amount of $250. It is to be used for the school lunch program in Haiti.

We had a wonderful discussion about sharing what you have with others who do not have as much. They asked me many questions about Haiti and the children there. We read Matthew 25 and talked about what God is calling all of us to do... It was a morning I will not soon forget. I so wish that everyone could have hearts as pure and loving as those 4th graders.

They informed me that they are not finished selling and they hope to present me with another $250 check before the end of the year to be used for water purification units."

1 comment:

  1. TY for sharing the faith, hope, and love by the actions of the children and the adults supporting the Haiti Committee. Blog On!

    ReplyDelete